Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am retired and my sole income sources are social security and my company pension. In connection with the latter my ex-employer still pays for life insurance for me. This generates "imputed income" on which I have to pay income tax. Ths being the case can I open a Roth (or even a conventional) IRA account in the amount of the imputeD income?
If the answer is no, why not? Apparently I have to enter it on my tax return as Wages, etc.

Thank you,

Derek Welch
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.