Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 89
I'm getting married, on the beach, to the love of my life.

We were close friends in high school, he got back in touch with me after all this time, and we have something very special together. I'm 37 next month, and I got to the point in my life after I turned 30, where I thought I would never do this. I bought a house and settled down by myself, and just concentrated on work, and stopped looking for anything more, and I was really perfectly OK with that. But from time to time, I did think about Eddie, and I wondered what he was doing, and if we would ever run into each other if we could have had a chance. What I didn't know, was that I was on his mind, too, and actually even more than he was on mine. He found me on classmates.com last fall and emailed me; we went to dinner just to catch up, and found that not only were we still attracted to each other (although we had never dated in HS), our lives for the last few years were on a parallel course in many major respects-- he had also been single for the last last 5,6 years and had bought a house on his own and had also given up on love.

I have to say it is really, really cool, to be marrying someone who I thought about all this time, and who thought about me all this time. I gave him one hug in high school, standing on the steps on the last day of school, June 2, 1988, we were graduating seniors; I hugged him and told him goodbye and I walked away to hop on my boyfriend's motorcycle and what I didn't know then, I do now. That boyfriend didn't last more than a few months; and Eddie had just realized he was in love with me.

It took 19 years, but a happy ending is never too late. We're getting married on May 23 at sunset on the beach in Key West.

Janet
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement