Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
In 2001 I removed my IRA money from one mutual fund and put it into a fidelity account within the required 60 days for rollover accounts. IN January I received a 1099 from the company my orginal IRA was in.

Would someone please tell me how I am to report this rollover on my present 1040 tax forms so I don't have to pay any taxes on it?

Report it on line 15 (not 16, as previously stated) of Form 1040. See the instructions for the notation.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.