Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In addition to my previous comments:

Besides the qualified intermediary, you should get a lawyer, and get him/her involved before you submit or accept a realtor's standard Offer to Purchase (or whatever the form is called in your jurisdiction.) Otherwise the lawyer is going to make you re-do the whole thing to use the appropriate language for an exchange. And the other party(ies) you're dealing with should do the same, to make sure that everyone's interests are covered, not just from a tax point of view.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.