Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In any case, I'm going to pay the amount that he billed me as soon as he returns my documents to me (i.e. W2's).

I know that CPA's have ethical regulations that require them to return client's orignal documents even if the client doesn't pay. I don't know if CFP do. In your case, it might not be worth it to fight him over $355 (that's pretty low for a return like yours in my opinion) , but you should bring up the point that you had to do the returns yourself and there were several mistakes. Regardless, you should either DIY next year.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.