UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59650  
Subject: In Case of Gummit Default... Date: 2/5/2013 8:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Although the possibility of the federal government defaulting on debt is zero unless Congress chooses to do so, pragmatic teabagging legislators in Virginia are studying the possiblity of issuing their own currency. Just in case.

“Are we seriously going to spend taxpayer resources studying a replacement to the world’s backbone currency? Are we descending into la-la land?” said Del. Mark D. Sickles (Fairfax), the Democratic Caucus chairman, in an interview last month.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/virginia-coin...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47740 of 59650
Subject: Re: In Case of Gummit Default... Date: 2/5/2013 11:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
teabagging legislators in Virginia are studying the possiblity of issuing their own currency

Let's go git us sum of them cornfederate tea-bonds!

=alstro, close enough to check on Fort Sumter and knows where they keep the Hunley

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48506 of 59650
Subject: Re: In Case of Gummit Default... Date: 3/23/2013 1:32 AM
Recommendations: 0
I was always proud to be a native Virginian; however, the state is going crazy. Virginia is almost as bad as SC.

Donna

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48513 of 59650
Subject: Re: In Case of Gummit Default... Date: 3/23/2013 2:16 PM
"Are we descending into la-la land?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps a vacation to Greece or an island getaway to Cyprus?
Then maybe a short trip into Italy and Spain.

Howie52
When folks start to wonder how debts are to be paid but they see only
actions that keep on going farther into debt, there will be some who
ask if there is any real intention of ever repaying anyone.
Now, if you ask the question "What if the US defaults?" most folks would
probably not first think about asking Virginia to intercede.

The world is increasingly a strange place - but I am encouraged by our
new Pope. He seems to showing a path toward sanity.
More leaders should follow his path.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48515 of 59650
Subject: Re: In Case of Gummit Default... Date: 3/23/2013 4:19 PM
Here is an article about an "alternate" currency - I have never read
anything about this before and have not tried to verify the thing at all

http://www.foxbusiness.com/investing/2013/03/22/bitcoin-inte...

"The currency, a favorite among those worried about the safety of traditional banking and paper currency, is emerging as an apparent winner from the drama surrounding the bailout of tiny Cyprus.

Bitcoin"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

Howie52

Also, a link to a previous Virginia alternate currency:

http://historyisfun.org/colonial-paper-money.htm

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement