No. of Recommendations: 1
In my opinion Metz and company did a good job, and I don't mind seeing them paid well. They did not cause the mess and navigated the storm retaining significant equity value while bondholders were paid in full. They stepped aside when the transition period was over with little drama. A pretty good turnaround job.

One gripe I had was that they should have taken Simon's offer at $20. The stock is still not trading at that level (including HHC). It may not for some time. Simon was the bird-in-the-hand. (In defense of GGP, we have "traded" over 20 for a brief period since, including HHC).

But lets not quibble. There were days where I wondered if we would get as much as 5 or 8. We are sitting at approx 18 today (including HHC). Not too bad considering how screwed we were going in.

All in all, my compliments Adam & team on a job well done!

Rob
Print the post  

Announcements

Related Boards
Real Estate Investing
This is a great board for Real Estate other than REITs.

Buying & Selling a Home
Get your personal advice about mortgages, agents, etc. here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement