No. of Recommendations: 0
In reading the IRA info, it appears that I must have "earned income" to contribute to my IRA's. Just to be sure, does that mean I cannot contribute to my IRA's this year?

That is correct. In simple terms, you need a W2 or a schedule C (with net income) to contribute to an IRA.

One way out - are you married? If so, and if your spouse is working, you can contribute to an IRA based on your spouse's earned income.

Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.