Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In that case, never mind. I thought you were looking for tax advice on the up-and-up.

It would be on the up and up. How is it any different than a retiree who moves there but spends 9 months out of the year travelling in their motorhome?

I would be a legal NV resident. Having my primary residence there, bank accounts there, registered to vote there, NV drivers license, car registration, paying property tax there, and spend a significant amount but not the predominant amount of my time there. IOW, predominantly just my weekends, holidays and vacation time there since my job would require me to be in CA.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.