No. of Recommendations: 2
In this Biblical parable of a master who gave various sums of money to three of his servants to put to work for the master, Charlie thought the least able servant, who just dug a hole and hid the money, got a raw deal. Charlie faulted the master for not giving the servants explicit instructions.

Everyone can read whatever they see into such a story and, like the story of the blind men and the elephant, everyone will think something different.

However, at the very end of his post, Charlie wrote:

That's why I push the edges of investing/trading—-to learn and to share. That's why I expect others to push the envelope as well, to learn, both for themselves and for me.

Isn't that what the master in the parable did, give the three servants the opportunity to show what they could do, to push the envelope, and to learn? Isn't the reason the master was upset is the one servant did not use his opportunity, but instead squandered it?

Just a different thought from one of the blind men examining the elephant.

I enjoyed reading your viewpoint, Charlie.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement