Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a c corporation that is making A LOT more money this year than I planned. Even if I pay it all out to myself and my wife in the form of salary in order to avoid double-taxation, I will still have to pay payroll taxes, etc. on these huge amounts.

It's too late in the year to convert it to an s corp, so I was thinking of setting up a new and separate s corp. Then just have my c corp pay my new s corp huge "consulting" or other fees, which would effectively move the money into my new s corp and allow it to flow to my personal tax return and avoid payroll taxes.

Technically this is legal, but would it hold up if I got audited? What would I need to do to make the "consulting" fees legit in the case of an audit?

My CPA is lame ... he says "oh no you can't do that!" when I know for a fact that you can. I need to find a more aggressive CPA...
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.