UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ltangel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8836  
Subject: income/annuity Date: 1/20/2011 9:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
At 59 and half I will be able to take out money from my variable annuity.Quesion:since i have had it for 17 years and it just recently bounced back to where it was 17years ago plus 10,000-I am thinking of moving 20% into the annuity moneymarket fund from the index 500 fund just so it stays at least at principle and move 20% to a growth fund and pray that in 14 months when i can start withdrawing this step will serve me well- When i called today to find out when I could start withdrawing the rep suggested a FIXED anniuty for some of the monies that I plan to withdraw at that time - my thoughts - would do better in a couple of dividend stocks or even CD's -if I had just put it in the bank -rule of 72 I would have doubled it for that length of time!!
Any thoughts on this strategy? Many thanks!!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6606 of 8836
Subject: Re: income/annuity Date: 1/20/2011 9:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Why are you so fixed on annuities?

Donna

Author: ltangel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6616 of 8836
Subject: Re: income/annuity Date: 1/21/2011 1:48 PM
Recommendations: 0
I guess I was not clear -I have 14 months and then I can start withdrawing and I do not want to be in ANY annuity at that time -but right now I want to build it up as best I can for that 14 month period -then I need a strategy for investing that part of the port - it is 40% of port currently but I want to shift it all eventually into other inverstments - currently - I have 20%of port in moneymarket , 30% in Treasury money market, 5% in bond funds, and 1% in g/s stock and 10% in dividend stocks. So I am thinking - when I can withdraw to allocate 20%of the existing annuity to divivdend stocks,and 10% to CD and 10% to ?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement