Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: flickib41 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1075  
Subject: Increase in Divi Date: 5/30/2008 7:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Increase of approx. 6% to 8.5 cents per share per quarter.

Not to bad given the headwinds they are facing. To me this just confirms my long term belief in the company and that this is the company to be in versus HD.

My two cents.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b03B...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1051 of 1075
Subject: Re: Increase in Divi Date: 5/30/2008 7:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Mark Sellers was asked about Lowe's at the recent VIC in Pasadena. He said he would load up again at 20, but too much of the margin of safety had been washed out by the price rising to 23-24.

RWS

Author: BottomTroller Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1052 of 1075
Subject: Re: Increase in Divi Date: 5/31/2008 2:40 PM
Have been waiting for it to drop back to $21; doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1053 of 1075
Subject: Re: Increase in Divi Date: 5/31/2008 5:54 PM
Have been waiting for it to drop back to $21; doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

You never know.

Your job isn't to buy Lowe's, it is to buy with an adequate margin of safety. Maybe Lowe's will once again offer an adequate margin of safety, maybe it won't. Lots of other fish. I never thought I would see JNJ or Wrigley's at margin of safety, either.

Rog

Author: flickib41 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1054 of 1075
Subject: Re: Increase in Divi Date: 5/31/2008 7:24 PM
Your job isn't to buy Lowe's, it is to buy with an adequate margin of safety. Maybe Lowe's will once again offer an adequate margin of safety, maybe it won't. Lots of other fish. I never thought I would see JNJ or Wrigley's at margin of safety, either.

What do you think an adequate margin of safety for JNJ? I am thinking $60.

flickib41

Author: BottomTroller Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1055 of 1075
Subject: Re: Increase in Divi Date: 6/26/2008 10:16 PM
My job tomorrow is to buy at $21.20!

Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1057 of 1075
Subject: Re: Increase in Divi Date: 8/10/2008 1:08 PM
who bought below $19 recently? I didn't - was waiting for my bonus to come in and looking at other stuff. Just goes to show you that you never know what the tide will bring in.

Lowe's undervalued I think but not enough margin of safety for a new buy here. If bought in a taxable account, hold on. If in a tax deferred - then what are your other options.

Not over valued, that's for sure.

Patience.

Rog

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement