Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: indexkid Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39301  
Subject: index fund ??? Date: 7/4/2012 12:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I need some foolish help, please. I am wondering if there is an Index Fund that covers or comes close to covering:Large Cap - Growth, Large Cap - Value, Small Cap - Growth, and Small Cap - Value? I read the post about a favorite index fund article and it made me think, is such a fund already available or do I have to invest in these types of funds individually that I can obtain myself? Your help is greatly appreciated. Have a great 4th. Be safe!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: drippinfool Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39184 of 39301
Subject: Re: index fund ??? Date: 7/4/2012 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Any total stock market index fund should cover all of those categories. If in doubt check out Morningstar's web site for their breakdown. Good luck.

-drip

Author: indexkid Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39186 of 39301
Subject: Re: index fund ??? Date: 7/5/2012 9:57 AM
Thanks. I appreciate the guidance.

-kid

Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39187 of 39301
Subject: Re: index fund ??? Date: 7/5/2012 1:12 PM
from everything I have read, Small-Growth is a dead end in terms of investing.

From a new investor's point of view, it would be best to go with a Total Stock Market Index Fund from the likes of Vanguard or even a Total World Index (do not know if that exists)

Author: indexkid Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39188 of 39301
Subject: Re: index fund ??? Date: 7/9/2012 11:00 AM
Thanks for the advice.

Author: joelcorley Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39189 of 39301
Subject: Re: index fund ??? Date: 7/10/2012 8:05 PM
coolprash,

You wrote, From a new investor's point of view, it would be best to go with a Total Stock Market Index Fund from the likes of Vanguard or even a Total World Index (do not know if that exists)

Try Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (Symbol: VT).

- Joel

Author: ellishb One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39191 of 39301
Subject: Re: index fund ??? Date: 7/30/2012 12:40 PM
Here are some options if you want to buy into the individual asset class and rebalance periodically.

http://www.fundadvice.com/portfolio.html

-EB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement