Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: swedan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 141  
Subject: Index fund? Date: 12/7/2004 10:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi,

I've been following YCC for the last couple of years and I haven't found a good reason to buy. This chart sums up why?

http://quotes.fool.com/custom/fool/html-chart.asp?osymb=&osymbols=ycc&symbols=ycc&currticker=YCC&time=1yr&uf=0&compidx=sp500%7E3377&ma=0&symb=ycc&freq=1dy&lf=1&comp=&type=128&sid=150554

It has followed the ups and downs of the SP500 almost perfectly for that time. It was acting like an index fund. It has gained a little bit recently, but I didn't see a good entry point, so at this point I have to hold off until I see a better opportunity.

Dan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gapfan Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125 of 141
Subject: Re: Index fund? Date: 12/7/2004 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<<<I've been following YCC for the last couple of years and I haven't found a good reason to buy. This chart sums up why?>>>>

My personal experience was to buy YCC on 1/10/03 at $17.45 and then buy more on 2/7/03 at $15.50. Because the second purchase was 5/3 of the first, my average cost is $16.27 per share. As of yesterday, it is up 96.42%. I consider that a bit above the market average. I remain a happy holder of YCC.

Gapfan

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement