Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alk28 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25318  
Subject: Index Funds Date: 2/2/2000 9:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My 401k plan is ran by Cigna. The only information that I have about my investment options is a financial statement. On it lists various investment types. The one in question is "Large Company Stock-Blend" the fund name is Cigna Charter Large Co. Stock Index. Is this the type of Index Fund that was described in your write up on 401Ks? I have never invested before. This is all new to me. Any help you can give me would be appriciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mailman9 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6350 of 25318
Subject: Re: Index Funds Date: 2/3/2000 10:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
You have to go to your HR department (or the the recordkeeper for the plan) and get the information they have on the investment options - that will give you most of the information. You will not find the Cigna fund listed in the newspaper because it is an insurance company separate account - it looks and feels like a mutual fund but it is not one technically.

Author: sdanderson Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6358 of 25318
Subject: Re: Index Funds Date: 2/3/2000 1:37 PM
My 401k plan is ran by Cigna. The only information that I have about my investment options is a financial statement. On it lists various investment types. The one in question is "Large Company Stock-Blend" the fund name is Cigna Charter Large Co. Stock Index. Is this the type of Index Fund that was described in your write up on 401Ks? I have never invested before. This is all new to me. Any help you can give me would be appriciated.

At my last employer, the 401k plan was run by Cigna. I held the Cigna Charter Large Co. Stock Index and it did very well. I would suggest you go the the Anwsernet site and look at you performance.

https://answernet.retire.cigna.com/

It looks like you should be able to register on-line. You will have to contact your HR department as to how to get a Answerline PIN.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement