Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ajith24 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25223  
Subject: index funds Date: 8/9/2000 9:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I wrote a couple of days ago concerning equity index funds and which one I should put my money into. I found out that my company offers one equity index fund to put my money into and the ticker is fusex. I was wondering whether this index fund was worth putting my money into? Thanks again for replying so quickly.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BookmFool Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8852 of 25223
Subject: Re: index funds Date: 8/10/2000 2:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
ajith24 wrote, in part:
my company offers one equity index fund to put my money into and the ticker is fusex. I was wondering whether this index fund was worth putting my money into?

FUSEX is Fidelity's institutional S&P 500 index fund. I would have to say this fund is worth putting my money into, if it were right for my risk level, and overall financial situation. You can take a brief look at it's performance over the last several years, see:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/partsub/funds/perform.asp?Funds=1&Symbol=FUSEX

And with an expense ratio of just .18%, more of your money is working for you, not for the fund manager bill fold.

http://www.morningstar.com/Cover/Funds.html can also provide you with some info on the fund. FUSEX would be a great base for a retirement portfolio.

HTH

BmF

Author: lunarpatrol One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8854 of 25223
Subject: Re: index funds Date: 8/10/2000 7:13 AM
hello ajith24.fusex ( fidelity spartan us equity index 500 )is an exellant choice. 1 year return 15.24 % , 3 yr.18.08 % , 5 yr. 23.30 % . it also has a low expense rate .18 % . go for it. have fun and Fool-On !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lunarpatrol

Author: unikorn Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8907 of 25223
Subject: Re: index funds Date: 8/16/2000 3:57 PM
ajith24:

FUSEX [Fidelity US Equity Index [S & P 500]] is the only equity/stock index fund offered in my 401K plan.

Although its NOT Vanguard, I took advanatge & have a portion of my 401K retirement portfolio in FUSEX. The 0.18% fee is pretty low.

HTH

unikorn

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement