Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an ING 403b through my employer in which I have only employer-contributed funds. (I contribute my own money to IRAs where I can control the investments.) I want to place those employer-contributed funds into an index fund, but I don't see a real index fund choice. My goal with this money is to at least come close to matching the market which seems to be the best I can hope for with any of their choices. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only funds available with index in the name are these:

ING Index Plus LargeCap Portfolio
ING Index Plus MidCap Portfolio
ING Index Plus SmallCap Portfolio
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
ministitcher,

You wrote, I have an ING 403b through my employer in which I have only employer-contributed funds. (I contribute my own money to IRAs where I can control the investments.) I want to place those employer-contributed funds into an index fund, but I don't see a real index fund choice. My goal with this money is to at least come close to matching the market which seems to be the best I can hope for with any of their choices. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only funds available with index in the name are these:

ING Index Plus LargeCap Portfolio
ING Index Plus MidCap Portfolio
ING Index Plus SmallCap Portfolio

I don't understand. Is there a question here?

While a little expensive, these funds attempt to track an index. What "market" are you trying to match? Do you mean an index? If you're trying to match the S&P500 index, that appears the be the stated object of the first fund.

Or is this a question about asset allocation?

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 1
The question is which if any of these funds comes close to matching the S&P 500. All of the funds that my employer offers are expensive, and none of them do very well. I don't have any money in this account except what my employer contributes (2 times in seven years, only after paying management their undeserved bonuses), so it's not a matter of asset allocation. I just want to at least match the S&P 500 since that's about the best I can do. I'd withdraw the money if I could, but I'd have to quit my job first. So thanks, you answered my question. :-)
Advertisement