UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ashtray Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75339  
Subject: index funds with fidelity Date: 8/28/2000 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
my company uses fidelity for their retirement program. they have a index fund as an option, but i'm not sure which fund is like the s&p 500 index fund. my options are spartan u.s. equity index, spartan total market index, spartan international index, spartan extended market index, and spartan 500 index. all of these options are under my index fund group. any input will help, thanks.

sincerely,
ashtray
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jbking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24421 of 75339
Subject: Re: index funds with fidelity Date: 8/28/2000 6:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Well, take a peek at the 3 that would most likely track the S & P 500: US Equity, Total Market and 500 Index here: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/FRWCompare.asp?company2=FSMKX&company3=FSTMX&Symbol=FUSEX&DoCompanyLookup=

It should be clear that US Equity and 500 Index both hold nearly 500 stocks and so these are tracking the infamous S & P 500 index.

JB

Author: ashtray Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24425 of 75339
Subject: Re: index funds with fidelity Date: 8/28/2000 7:16 PM
thank you for the info jbking.

sincerely,
ashtray

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement