Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86653  
Subject: Index of Revenge Date: 4/22/2000 2:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 41
Index of Revenge

Firstly, what is this board?

The merry Islanders of Aruba's Isle of Revenge like to talk. I mean they really like to talk. Oh and there are all those puns Tony makes, it's enough to make anyone scream for revenge. Sometimes it can be hard for new Fools to figure out the purpose for this board. Hopefully this index will help Fools looking to fight back with solutions to Consumer and or Customer Service difficulties.

Here's what Tony (or was that TMF Twitty?) had to say in post numero uno:

But, what IS "so" is that this is a board where Fools can post about the things that annoy them. Ever been ripped off by a car repair shop? Has your contractor run away to South America with your deposit for the new rec room? Have you ever tried to return something and been turned away? And what about the damage that shopping cart did to your car--who should pay for that?

Of course! We've all had Consumer horror stories, and this is the place to post 'em. Personally, when I feel like someone's taken me for a fool (small 'f'), it becomes a personal crusade (snort! grunt!). One, which I'll discuss in a future post, was *my* ordeal with a shopping cart, and the store that tried to tell me to take a walk. Ha!

By sharing the stories we've solved, we'll be able to help other Fools find ways to solve theirs. The goal here is to be able to become empowered to "fight back" when we've felt taken advantage of, through Foolish suggestions, thoughts, and ideas.

So, think you're being ripped off? Got a story where your Foolish persistence has won over the battles of evil? Then welcome to Aruba's Isle of Revenge. Just order another piña colada (it's on me!), pull up a chair under yon palm tree, and share it here.

Let's get 'em, Fools!

...but I still am...

Here are selected topics of Revenge:

Some useful info:

On Topic, I know, scarey!

Dealing with Telemarketers

Plan to end telemarketing by businesses we use

Stop those calls!

Telemarketer Call

Junk Mail...

House Hassles

New House Hassles

Contractors, anyone?

messed up move
messed up move
Messed up move: the saga continues

Breach of Contract?

Home Depot - long post but interesting

Help me!

Revenge on landlord

Oh please help me . . .

Trashed by the garbage man & Revenge on Direct Marketers

Shopping for Revenge

Dealing with Mail Order Catalogs

No shopping Bags!
Victoria's Secret-An Update

Compaq Warranty Service
Compaq Warranty Part 2

Messed up Warranty
Messed up Warrantly - Update

Jennifer Leather Backs Down !!

OfficeMax Fiasco

My Washing Machine

Shopping on the Web

Sam's Club

All-Clad Online - E-Retailer from the Farside

Vacation Time!

My Vacation Revenge

My Airport Experience

New Airport Rant

Tips on getting a better deal at hotels.

Communicating Revenge

Revenge; on slow modems

Cable Modems Info

Bell Atlantic Update

Problems with the Post Office

Car Repair Vendetta (long)
Car Update

Car Insurance
Car Insurance Update :)

The Problem with Parking Spaces

Miscellaneous Money Revenge

Invalid Charges to a Debit Card Account

Trying to fix my credit report

Health Insurance/Medical Billing

Revenge on School (long)

Ahhh...sweet revenge

Uncle Jeffy's Tales of Revenge

MCI must be hard up for business

Don't take me shopping - either!!

McD's update
more info!!
Any more on Mickey D's?

Rules for the ER..........

My ugly side -

Harry and David fiasco!

I'm on a roll...........
Jeff/Poor Banking Service
They had to push THAT button.....

Revenge can be Fun

Revenge for a Singing Telegram

Barbie Revenge

Furby Hell

Furby update
GRIN and the FURBYS. . .
Talkin' Furby!
furbies -- the torched!!!

Lastly, is there a way to stop Tony from making those awful puns?

We have the best minds at MIT working on it and a group of strong men with clubs on standby….

Always ;-)
Index of Revenge 20000422 Ver.1.0
Notes of gushing praise, Nominations to Favorite Fools lists, and Recommendations of this post graciously accepted.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Skyworks Mid-Quarter Review
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.