Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMF1000 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Coverage Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: Industry outlook Date: 6/28/2004 8:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

I wanted to add this link to a company that produces almonds.

http://www.bluediamond.com/

Its website does a good job keeping up with Almond prices and worldwide demand. California produces 85% of the world's almonds.

Almonds is the number food export for California and the 6th largest US food export. Blue Diamond is a private company. Its website will help those investors in JBSS keep up with the industry and demand at least the almond demand. But I believe we will see a correlation in demand for almonds and other nut varieties.

tom
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Telke Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 15
Subject: Re: Industry outlook Date: 7/18/2004 9:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Good idea. Hopefully this post will call you attention to this article (which was posted to that site after yours was posted here):

http://www.bluediamond.com/news/index.cfm?l_tableid=165

This look beneficial for JBSS.   'rising prices despite another year of crops in excess of 1 billion pounds (1.03 billion pounds in 2003);'

The crops are good this year (lower cost of product)

"nearly 6 percent consumption increase compounded annually over 24 years"

and the demand is high.

“Our Blue Diamond branded sales are up 46 percent in the last year, 51 percent in the last 12 weeks and 55 percent in the last four weeks.  We've set a Blue Diamond branded sales record every month for the last two years!”

TMF100: I think my initial investigation into JBSS came from you. Still down a bit, but unshaken.

-Craig-
Long JBSS

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement