Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rocky073 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 141  
Subject: INFN Date: 10/15/2012 12:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK; aren't we due an explanation from the Pro's about this one? The market is sending a message here and it's not real good at the moment, nor the last year for that matter.

Who at TMP should answer this; and for the analyst at TMP who monitors these boards, ask the person who recommended it to give us a complete update please.

thanks.

Somehow TMP is always looking for the next Netflix.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheArch Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 10/15/2012 3:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Rocky, INFN isn't a Pro pick, it was a TMF Options pick, as a Put-write. It's not a current position.

If you're a member of the Options or Pro service/s, you can read the latest coverage from TMF Canuck here:

http://boards.fool.com/1321/hi-rtichy-we-actually-did-a-put-...

There's not a lot of activity on the board, but there were a few recent comments here as well, from members:

http://boards.fool.com/1321/optionss-infn-infn-119882.aspx

Best,
Arch

Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 10/15/2012 5:54 PM
Nobody from any paid Motley Fool service monitors the public boards like this one with any reliability. Participants in the paid services like Million Dollar Portfolio or Motley Fool Pro should look for information about their service's picks in the private boards available to members.

Author: leaderoftheback Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 101 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 10/17/2012 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
I first came across INFN as a Rule Breakers pick. As far as I know (no longer subscribing) they have not disavowed that pick. I think RB has timing issues. Sometimes the picks go up, sometimes they go up for a while then back down (and I think this is most common). INFN had been up, then it was down...but not quite this far down. How many stocks are up 60% this year, but your own position is still down? Very common (at least for me). They've had 100MPH system for a year now, supposedly wayyy better than competitors. Either INFN management is going to come through (soon) or their pants are on fire.

I'm holding on for now, too, waiting for the thesis to play out.

Best of luck to all of us.

-Randy

ps- if anybody wants, I can pull out the old RB pick sheets. They can be very enlightening.

Author: leaderoftheback Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 10/24/2012 6:28 PM
good report today; modest success, but success none the less.

I've given up listening to what others think, but these posts made me pause and go check what others think. The Fool is adding, even though there is a persuasive case that one should take great caution. My own broker thinks there are much better fish and that this is just a gamble.

Well, this time I stand with the Fools. I doubled my share count this morning in anticipation of a report somewhere between meh, and a real surprise. I give it a meh+. I'm happy I bought more.

Best of luck to us all!

Author: NEOhioFool Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 11/14/2012 10:41 AM
Sorry guys, but it keeps going down and it reached my limit. So I am totally out as of this morning at $4.71, having bought in at $6.73 in July 2011.

Author: Dukenewkirk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 11/14/2012 11:08 AM
Recommendations: 5
Not one mention in this thread about how the 'business' is doing, just the price. This is a volatile RB pick with its thesis just beginning to play out really nicely. We don't invest in tickers at the Fool, but rather businesses. Eventually as long as the business succeeds in its goals the price will follow. The DTN-X is rolling out more successfully than even anticipated, yet not one mention of DTN-X. Anyone freaking out because RB picks aren't faring well right at this moment in this economic climate should not be investing in such companies to begin with as the risk is clearly out of their comfort zones.

Now is not the time to be selling much of anything.

Duke,
ATVI Ticker Guide

Author: Dukenewkirk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/11/2013 12:50 AM
So, as I was trying to point out when last I posted in this thread, it was certainly 'not' the time to be selling INFN precisely because the business itself was making huge inroads to profitability. Focusing on what the stock price had done recently when this thread began, no doubt led many to sell, right at a time that was precisely the best to buy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not always such a smarty pants, but actually having held this stock for a long while, and having followed the 'business', rather than the stock price, gave me great confidence that I was looking at a tremendous bargain (quite possibly) at the time this thread drew attention to the market's loss of patience. Two months later, my final third, bought within days of my previous post, now sits up comfortably by 36%. We at the service who have followed aren't surprised, and hope for far greater gains over the next couple of years is quite reasonable.

Duke, who believes truly in investing in businesses, not tickers
ATVI Ticker Guide (still holding a large ATVI position too, speaking of good businesses and patience)

Author: Dukenewkirk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/11/2013 1:43 AM
Well, this time I stand with the Fools. I doubled my share count this morning in anticipation of a report somewhere between meh, and a real surprise.

Enjoying your double down position now, Leader? Still a good deal of work ahead, but if they keep securing deals as they have been, the razor blades will keep the money rolling in for years to come.

Duke

Author: leaderoftheback Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/11/2013 8:26 AM
Recommendations: 2
Sure thing, Duke. I am still less sanguine than you, so it should be no surprise that I have a limit order in for my 3rd at $4.99. Odds diminish that it will fill, but they are certainly not zero odds. It doesn't take much to swing a small stock like this around. Bottom line is that it is very helpful to make buy and sell decisions ahead of time. We can always adjust.

For more on that, you can check out the EBIX board, which has a different background story but equivalent risks and rewards. I have stated there that I believe
a. the company has been unfairly, if not criminally attacked and
b. even though the share price is consolidating around $16+ (at a 9+ P/E with excellent growth)
that odds are 50/50 that it will drop further.

That said, I have decided to take my own advice; my buy limit order is in for $16.25. EBIX touched $16.27 yesterday, so I'm still empty handed. If it drops to 13, I'll buy more; if it doesn't fill at $16.25, I'll probably end up paying over $17...but I will own it again.

Advance attention + due diligence as best we can manage + expectation that truth prevails. This is my current formula.

Thanks to you and all who post on these boards.

-Randy

Author: Dukenewkirk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/11/2013 4:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
Yeah Randy, we're of similar mind on EBIX as well. It's my second largest RB position at 5%, behind INFN's 6%, thanks to a trading position I may never sell as it's now up 36% over two months, with a business looking more potentially stable with each new customer signed.

I started over $20 with EBIX, but thanks to the shorts, a couple of good sized trading positions have my cost basis down around $16 now. (Mine are all registered accounts so no options) Sure I've heard the where there's smoke there's fire arguments, but I also subscribe to the belief that when there's smoke sporadically and at convenient times for shorts, yet repeatedly without any flames, it's far more likely what you're witnessing are just special effects;)

I personally believe we'll see $24 and up but not $13. Thirteen will require an actual flame, or a truly special article. I've got to believe that the naivety of the market must have limits, particularly if it pays attention to when these articles are released. One day we've got to reap the benefits of a big squeeze Seeking Alpha can't stop.

Duke, onwards and upwards.

Author: leaderoftheback Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120 of 141
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/12/2013 6:55 AM
I personally believe we'll see $24 and up but not $13. Thirteen will require an actual flame, or a truly special article. I've got to believe that the naivety of the market must have limits, particularly if it pays attention to when these articles are released.

I'm with you, Duke, for the most part; except evidence suggests that we can't depend on a rational market. Here's a copy and paste from the EBIX board:

High the date of the 2011 short attack; $30.50
Close at the end of the week; $23.48; Down 23%
Close eight weeks later; $20.35; down another 13%

October 2012 short attack Daily High; 22.61
End of week close; $17.89; down 21%
Close Dec 31; 16.33; down another 9%

There was no news that I'm aware of that sould have pushed EBIX from a high of $30.50 to a low of $13.02 the week of October 3, 2011; most of 7 months and two solid quarterly reports later. It hung in the low 20s for a while (30% off the high) before slipping lower in mid-July, four months post-attack.

You can see that it's essentially parallel since the October short attack of 2012. We've been consolidating around $16 for the past 8 weeks; about 30% off the $24-ish at attack time.

There is no reason to think that the pattern will repeat, there is only reason to think that it might. The key is to not be surprised or overly concerned; bearing this in mind from here forward will give us the fortitude to "be brave when others are fearful," as our pal Buffett would say, and scoop up more if and when it does slip lower.

Gee, I lost track that we're actually on the INFN board here, so I'll close with this:
There is no reason to think that the market will return INFN to $4.99 and grant me another third, there is only reason to think that it might. If it does, you all be brave (but please put your limit order in for $4.98)!

-Randy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement