UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Stillaballnchain Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2282  
Subject: Info requested Date: 2/2/2010 11:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Those of you who have had an HSG test, could you please share your experiences with me? What should I expect? Any things I should know about?

b
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bangar8 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2254 of 2282
Subject: Re: Info requested Date: 2/3/2010 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As far as I can remember, there was no preparation needed. I am not able to remember if I needed to go in with a full bladder or not but your doctor will tell you that.
The test lasts just about 2-3 minutes. For me, it caused minor cramping. In fact, I was in more discomfort during my pap smear than this test.
Its a messy test in that the dye can leak out when you stand up after the test. They usually have pads in their bathrooms. But its better to go prepared.
I could drive myself home after the test with no problem.

Good luck...
b8.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2255 of 2282
Subject: Re: Info requested Date: 2/7/2010 9:40 PM
Oh! GOOD LUCK if you guys are doing this.

peace & :-)
t

Author: Parkway Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2257 of 2282
Subject: Re: Info requested Date: 2/8/2010 7:17 PM
Some of the older threads on this board are a little disjointed since bookgrrl had her posts removed, but one of the very first threads on this board was about HSG:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18782745&sort=who...

Sounds like lots of people recommended some Advil beforehand.

(Didn't know you were headed this direction -- best of luck!)

- Parkway

Author: Stillaballnchain Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2258 of 2282
Subject: Re: Info requested Date: 2/9/2010 12:00 AM
We are headed in this direction, but the odds don't look very good for us. We've been trying the old fashioned, lesbian way for 6 months (a long-distance version of the turkey baster) with no luck. We have a 12.5-20% chance with IUI and we also won't be able to use our friend as a donor, which isn't what we wanted at all. I'm still not sure I want to do this with an anonymous donor. Plus, I'm 41 and I just read an article on increased autism rates with older maternal age...sigh.

We're also looking into adoption, as there are some states that will let you adopt if you aren't residents, but the thought of writing such a large check makes me gulp really, really, really hard. too much time on the Fool, I guess. The agencies we've contacted don't sound too thrilled at the idea of working with out-of-state lesbians.

We haven't been talking about it too much. It's just a bit too emotional for me to have hanging out there and have it not work. We only just told one of my sisters last week. (She's gossipy, though, so the whole family will know quickly.)

b

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2259 of 2282
Subject: Re: Info requested Date: 2/10/2010 5:05 PM
we also won't be able to use our friend as a donor,

:-/

out-of-state lesbians

oooh- that almost sounds nefarious

peace & wishing you the best
t

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement