No. of Recommendations: 0

<<Luckily for me, my previous employer is helping me out of this mess. They're changing the excess 1996 contribution into 1997 contribution. So, as soon as I get the fixed W2's, I'll be set. Mostly.

I only worked for that company for part of 1997, and my new employer does not have a retirement plan. Does the SARSEP contribution limit (15% of salary) consider all 1997 salary or just the salary from the employer sponsoring the SARSEP? I can't find this issue dealt with in any of the IRS docs I've looked at.>>

Technically, it is 15% of the salary at your former job, not your salary for the year. If you're over, remove it before April 15, 1998.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.