Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My Dad died six years ago. I recently discovered that he was the owner of a few shares of MetLife as the result of being a policyholder years back.

I'm attempting to transfer the shares and have been told by Mellon's Investor Services that I need to provide an Inheritance Tax Waiver from NY State.

I've looked all over the NYS Tax Department's website and can't find anything regarding how I go about getting this document. I've tried calling but get switched around without any success.

Any ideas?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.