Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ctaylor10 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: INS Lawyer Expenses (Immigration) Date: 2/17/2000 11:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm Canadian and have had to pay about 10K to lawyers in 1999 for legal service to obtain Greencards for my wife and I. Can I deduct any of these fees on the grounds that I was required to pay them in order to earn income?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29101 of 121219
Subject: Re: INS Lawyer Expenses (Immigration) Date: 2/17/2000 11:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<< I'm Canadian and have had to pay about 10K to lawyers in 1999 for legal service to obtain Greencards for my wife and I. Can I deduct any of these fees on the grounds that I was required to pay them in order to earn income? >>

No. This is a nondeductible personal legal expense.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement