UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740127  
Subject: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 9:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 26
I challenge anyone to beat this one:

http://order-order.com/2011/01/04/lets-all-go-to-monbiots/

If you ever need reassuring that the green movement is populated by something other than looneyleft, you better look away now. In this morning’s Guardian George Monbiot advocates that the rich should have their homes forcibly opened up to solve housing shortages and those that refuse be punished:

“It needs to be researched, debated, fought over. It needs to turn political. I can understand why neither the government nor the opposition dares to think about it: none of the major parties wants to pick a fight with wealthy householders. So it’s up to us to give them no choice, by turning under-occupation into an issue they can’t avoid. It cannot be left to the market, as the market works for the rich.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------
All of a sudden taking your IRA and 401K doesn't seem that far-fetched does it <g>?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548018 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 10:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This comment was my first thought, too.

"Reminds me of that scene where Zhivago returns home to find his house has become a commune run by committee!"

The guy's a loon.

arrete - occupying the "spare" room until I get over the cold LD gave me. Or was it Howie?

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548019 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 10:04 AM
Recommendations: 0
The loonies in the UK are already paying $65,000/yr to 'rent' mansions to house 'large low income families' in central London. The poor do better than 90% of the working folks getting giant food allowances, free rent in mansions you and I could not afford to rent, all sorts of other freebies in the UK..and the folks probably aren't even working because they are on some sort of 'disability'.

t.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548027 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 10:33 AM
In this morning’s Guardian George Monbiot

Looks an awful lot like "moonbat," just saying.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548033 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 10:45 AM
Recommendations: 4
In this morning’s Guardian George Monbiot advocates that the rich should have their homes forcibly opened up to solve housing shortages ...

He is free to try and forcibly open my house. I have plenty of weapons, ammo, and dogs.

IIRC, the second ammendment was put in place in case the government fails to protect the other ammendments.

JLC

Author: akck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548086 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 1:11 PM
I remember a science fiction short story along these lines. What they did in the story was to cut taxes and then assign welfare recipients to live with you depending on your income. More scifi becoming reality.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548102 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 2:38 PM
Recommendations: 21
akck
I remember a science fiction short story along these lines. What they did in the story was to cut taxes and then assign welfare recipients to live with you depending on your income. More scifi becoming reality.

I've read a lot of sci-fi in my time and remember coming across that story somewhere.

A better idea would be to take the children away from the parents if the gov't has to pay for them. Don't like it? Tough. SHould not have done the "wild thing" without considering the consequences.

We'd solve a few problems.

- The kids would be given to loving parents that want to adopt
- The people that could not afford the kids won't be able clone themselves.

The majority of welfare recipients would be gone in a generation.

I've done my part. My 16 year old is the 4th child of a welfare mom. We adopted her and took her home the 2nd day of her life. I'm a very proud dad. She's in 10th grade, near the top of her class academically, an outstanding-decorated athlete, class president and just a top notch kid.

DW and I saved one kid from the welfare cycle. Oh, and from voting democrat. <g>

decath

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548132 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 4:43 PM
Monbiot advocates that the rich should have their homes forcibly opened up to solve housing shortages and those that refuse be punished:

Some clown you found on the web doesn't speak for a whole political movement, dufus.

Regards, TTT.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548133 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 6
Some clown you found on the web doesn't speak for a whole political movement, dufus.
---------------------------------------------------------
By any chance did you work at an Australian KFC?

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548139 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 4:56 PM
By any chance did you work at an Australian KFC?

No. Did you? And nice try trying to shoot the messenger.

Regards, TTT.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548165 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 6:15 PM
"A better idea would be to take the children away from the parents if the gov't has to pay for them." - decath

And send them to Decath's house! ROFLMAO! He'll get them to shape up or ship out!

And by the way, don't send them anywhere near me. Too much responsibility. It literally gives me the willys to think about it.

Artie

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548234 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/6/2011 10:42 PM
"This comment was my first thought, too.

"Reminds me of that scene where Zhivago returns home to find his house has become a commune run by committee!"

The guy's a loon.

arrete - occupying the "spare" room until I get over the cold LD gave me. Or was it Howie? "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have some tea.

Howie52

Folks called Stalin a loon.
They did not get an opportunity to call him that twice though.

Author: namkato Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548243 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/7/2011 1:04 AM
I have a better one

those who have spouses should share them with those who do not...

makes about as much sense

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548247 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/7/2011 7:28 AM
Recommendations: 3
And send them to Decath's house! ROFLMAO! He'll get them to shape up or ship out!

Artie

I like it Art. I'll I need is a catchy name for the program. I'm drawing blanks here. Help me out!

Seriously though, after my 3rd is in college, I'm going to get involved with "big brothers" or some other "like" organization. I enjoy being with teens and have been involved with mentoring programs in the past.

That's the real challenge. Trying to get a kid pointed in the right direction after they've allready had a rough go at it.

decath

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548253 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/7/2011 9:03 AM
Recommendations: 2
"I like it Art. I'll I need is a catchy name for the program. I'm drawing blanks here. Help me out!" - Decath

You can be like that sheriff in Arizona that has prisoners living in tents and eating balogna sandwiches only difference is you can have your foster kids growing gardens and eaten raw vegan food. I guarantee you that will strip the fat off the ones that are obese! They won't recognize themselves in 6 months.

Art

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 548429 of 740127
Subject: Re: Insanity Of The Day Date: 1/7/2011 11:45 PM
Recommendations: 2
If you ever need reassuring that the green movement is populated by something other than looneyleft, you better look away now. In this morning’s Guardian George Monbiot advocates that the rich should have their homes forcibly opened up to solve housing shortages and those that refuse be punished:

“It needs to be researched, debated, fought over. It needs to turn political. I can understand why neither the government nor the opposition dares to think about it: none of the major parties wants to pick a fight with wealthy householders. So it’s up to us to give them no choice, by turning under-occupation into an issue they can’t avoid. It cannot be left to the market, as the market works for the rich.”

Thank goodness I only live in a 760-square-foot, 1-bedroom apartment. If I only kept the belongings that I actually use anymore and got rid of the rest, I could probably downsize to a 500-square-foot studio. Maybe I should think about doing it just in case.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement