Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Raylanw Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 489  
Subject: Insider Trading and Upgrades (RCL) Date: 8/26/2011 3:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey all,

I feel like this stock has been forgotten over the past year and perhaps it was for the better if some of you have seen the trend. The price has fallen roughly 50% over the past few months, but I feel the underlying reasons behind this drop don't reflect the company's true value. In addition to the general market drop over the past couple of months, the catalyst to the price drop was an "accounting error" relating to PY figures which have no effect on current year or forward earnings to my knowledge. If that wasn't enough, RCL was also downgraded earlier this week which shook investor confidence in this stock even more. As a disclaimer, I pay little attention to analyst upgrades and downgrades thanks to Peter Lynch's literature, but it seems to float the general public's collective boat.

Now for the better news, RCL was upgraded today by analysts and the CEO also decided to buy roughly 66,000 shares. See link:
http://www.gurufocus.com/news/143723/royal-caribbean-cruises...
As opposed to analyst upgrades and downgrades, I do like seeing insider buying activity so I know that the executives are also bullish on the company. As you can see, there has been a LOT of insider buying recently. Despite the fact that the stock continued to fall, insider buying continued all the way down. I feel more comfortable supporting this stock knowing that the head honchos over there have confidence that the stock and company will do better in the future. It also doesn't hurt that the stock is just about at it's 52 week low which doesn't seem logical.

I will be the first to admit that my fundamental analysis is very basic at this point (I started investing in May...still learning day by day). I remain confident in this company but if someone could provide a little bit of advanced financial analysis on this company, I'd really appreciate it.

-Ray
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement