UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 56845  
Subject: Re: Nate Silver to Joe Scarborough: Wanna Bet? Date: 11/1/2012 1:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Instead conservatives react as they always do when confronted by facts and numbers. Instead of examining the evidence for themselves they:

1. Attack the messenger
2. Sow seeds of doubt
3. Impune the character of knowledgable people
4. Invoke conspiracies
5. Advance implausible alternate theories

Funny I could probably find this sentiment over @ campfire discussion group with the exception that the word liberals would be substituted for the word conservatives.

IMHO they would be both true. Both political parties are leading our country to bankruptcy thru their prolific spending. The vote between the parties [lesser of 2 evils] is merely the speed at which we reach that bankruptcy.

I view elections now as entertainment. Similar to the circuses that Roman Emperors put on to distract the populus.

Its gonna be quite entertaining once medicare is bankrupt due to the increased # of beneficiaries & rampant health care inflation & doctors refusal to accept any new medicare patients*. There will be much finger pointing from our duly elected officials casting blame. But no acceptance of blame as the issue was ignored by them prior to the bankruptcy of the program.

*4 years ago my 95 year old uncle had a 6 month wait before one of best [imho] primary care docs would take him on. I fully expect the trend to worsen as time goes on.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement