No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi guys! I had posted a similar question before here a while back, and now I am curious about something else. You folks pointed out that R-30 was the right type to use in my crawlspace, and those come in batts at the local Home Depot for about $30 for a 10 pack. But, they have these rolss of insulation that are encased in plastic for $4.97 for a (I think) 25 foot roll, and they have a R-value of 25. Obviously, it would be cheaper to go with the rolls, but will the reduced R-value make a big difference? And, since these rolls specifically say that they are made to be laid over existing insulation in the attic, do you think they would be ok to use in the crawlspace? Thanks in advance, I appreciate all you guys' good (and bad!!) advice.

Mike in NJ
Print the post  


Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.