UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gooddebtbaddebt Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14985  
Subject: Insurance Date: 12/22/2005 6:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have recommendations on business insurance (example state farm, allstate etc)? I am searching for business insurance for my IT consulting start up biz and I have no idea where to start.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Bigdofthec One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11869 of 14985
Subject: Re: Insurance Date: 12/27/2005 11:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I called three local independent insurance agencies that I found in the phone book. One found me good coverage at a nice price.
Farmers Insurance didn't even want my business. They thought my store was too small and risky.

Author: glennandpaige Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11871 of 14985
Subject: Re: Insurance Date: 12/29/2005 11:03 AM
Recommendations: 1
If you are not having a store where people come into, your needs will be different. However, a good BOP (Business Operations Policy) should help you out. Generally will cover liability (if you mess up someone's stuff, burn down their house, etc). Ours costs about 900 a year. We also have to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance (1400 a year). Don't know if you would need that or not, but I would definitely check it out. It's for mistakes/errors, stuff like that.

Good luck.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement