UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jfruhbauer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 665  
Subject: Insurance Quotes & CRAs? Date: 8/6/2003 5:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dunno exactly the right spot for this post...

Looking around for homeowners' insurance – no one wants to give a quote without DOB/SSN. One agent told me that the credit report that insurance companies run do not show up as a negative on your credit report (unlike say, an auto loan…).

Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Jennifer

x-posted to Insurance, Understanding Your Credit Report & Building/Maintaining a Home
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mcrochip Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656 of 665
Subject: Re: Insurance Quotes & CRAs? Date: 8/10/2003 12:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Looking around for homeowners' insurance – no one wants to give a quote without DOB/SSN. One agent told me that the credit report that insurance companies run do not show up as a negative on your credit report (unlike say, an auto loan…).

I believe this may depend upon your state of residence. Maryland, for example, no longer permits the use of a credit report to establish discounted rates on homeowners' insurance. But I think the question you asked is whether their report shows up as a negative.

Based on my looking at my credit reports, I know it does show up on there... Permissible Purpose - Insurance or something like that. I do not know if that is counted in the FICO score, but I'd guess that it's not.

I'd repost this on the Consumer Credit/Credit Cards board, as it is a more active board and you may get some better answers.

-Steve

Author: jfruhbauer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657 of 665
Subject: Re: Insurance Quotes & CRAs? Date: 8/10/2003 11:08 AM
I'd repost this on the Consumer Credit/Credit Cards board, as it is a more active board and you may get some better answers.

Actually I posted this on the Insurance board and got what seems like a reliable reply:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19423503

Thanks,

Jennifer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement