UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RecoveringFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75539  
Subject: Insurance thought Date: 8/18/1997 1:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Be sure to periodically check what your insurance covers because my experience has been that when you really need the insurance money, the company always seems to find a loophole. BTW, I don't think my homeowners insurance has a "small" premium. On life insurance, we currently have lots of term insurance that I plan on dropping as soon as the last child is out of college. We need it now but I may even drop it sooner depending on how much retirement money is there. On health insurance, I will be going back to regular indemnity health insurance next year after 12 years of PPOS because I am very afraid that if anyone on my family has a serious illness, they will not get the best care, they will get the CHEAPEST care. I want the right to chose our doctors back.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 189 of 75539
Subject: Re: Insurance thought Date: 8/18/1997 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, jstirn, and welcome to Fooldom.

<<I will be going back to regular indemnity health insurance next year after 12 years of PPOS because I am very afraid that if anyone on my family has a serious illness, they will not get the best care, they will get the CHEAPEST care. I want the right to chose our doctors back.>>

A PPO can provide good care, and most do. Yet I work close to the industry with my invovement in the employee benefits arena. I've seen the bad cases. Therefore, I'm willing to pay the freight to provide my family indemnity coverage. Sure, I spend more. But I also sleep better at night. However, I don't think as employees many of us will have that right in the future. Employers increasingly are going to managed care, and deviations from that standard will be even costlier in the future. Accordingly, those of us who want choice had best be prepared to absorb the full cost.

Regards......Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement