Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Smith970 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7894  
Subject: INTEGRATIVE CANCER TREATMENT Date: 10/13/2012 8:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone here had any experiance or know someone who has been treated for cancer at Cancer Treatment Centers of American, or The Block Cancer Center. My reason for asking is my wife has stage IV ovarian cancer that we have been treating for two years up until July at a major cancer facillity. They have told us that there is no more they can do for her. So I have so far contacted CTCA, and am reviewing The Block Cancer Center's web site, and plan on contacting them also. They both offer an extensive cancer treatment program. The reason I'm considering them is there treatment offers much more detailed care than the one we were receiving treatment from. But it would also be great if someone who has had an experiance with them could give me some info on what they're like or any other places you may know would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Brian
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7828 of 7894
Subject: Re: INTEGRATIVE CANCER TREATMENT Date: 10/13/2012 9:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi, welcome to the board.

In searching, I haven't found anyone on this board who used either. There were some comments about Cancer Treatment Centers of America, with both good and bad comments, which is to be expected with cancer, where the same treatment can work for one person but not the next.

I'll keep checking. Which hospital have you been using?

Nancy

Author: Smith970 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7829 of 7894
Subject: Re: INTEGRATIVE CANCER TREATMENT Date: 10/14/2012 8:51 AM
Thanks for responding Nancy. We used Froedtert. We were happy with their care and personal but when they said there was no more they could do we wern't ready to give up. Brian

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7830 of 7894
Subject: Re: INTEGRATIVE CANCER TREATMENT Date: 10/14/2012 12:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
We used Froedtert. We were happy with their care and personal but when they said there was no more they could do we wern't ready to give up. Brian

Okay, it appears you're in Wisconsin. Would it be worthwhile to go to Mayo for a second opinion? Sometimes the bigger hospitals will offer a treatment plan that can be implemented at a local hospital.

Crossing my fingers and thinking good thoughts.

Nancy

Author: Smith970 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7831 of 7894
Subject: Re: INTEGRATIVE CANCER TREATMENT Date: 10/14/2012 1:33 PM
We did go to the Mayo in Rochester MN but they said about the same thing we were told at Froedtert. Brian

Author: Smith970 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7832 of 7894
Subject: Re: INTEGRATIVE CANCER TREATMENT Date: 10/14/2012 9:30 PM
Through my research I have found that Cancer Centers and The Block Cancer Center, and possibly The University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center have a different way of administering the chemotherapy, and their protocol includes massage, acupuncture, spiritual, mind body and other therapies. Do they work, I don’t know. I do know that the chemo my wife received did work for awhile but became ineffective on the cancer after so many rounds of therapy. With this kind of cancer your options are few, but hopefully there is something that can at least keep it under control.
Brian

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement