Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Because I mentioned it...

Mobile devices and computing are a bit of a game changer.

Mobile devices have the operating system built into the processor. Intel has not perfected that more concerned with putting the integrated graphics chip on the motherboard so that they sell the whole shebang when it comes to work PCs. The problem is that the standard work PC is way overpowered for what the software needs now so they are becoming a commodity.

Microsoft is trying to help things by introducing Windows 8 which changes the PC into a large tablet. But while I don't mind paw marks on my iPad (which I can wipe off easily), taking a damn cloth to my monitor seems wrong. Also Win8 came out relatively shortly after Win7. Win7 was the true successor to XP - which was 10 years old at that point.

I don't think Win8 stands a snowballs chance in hell of getting any traction.

Back to Intel. They can make money on PCs. The problem is the market is always looking for massive growth from these sorts of companies. I think Intel has missed the boat on mobile computing being their boat.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement