No. of Recommendations: 1
intercst -

You said: "I'm not sure where you see the taxable event on changing fund families. Burns is writing about a 403(b) plan. You can change investments within the 403(b) without paying taxes on the transaction."

I'd agree with you on that point. However, a good variable annuity, used in a 403b/TSA plan would offer a wider variety of investment choices, managed by a variety of good investment managers (like Janus, Putnam, T.Rowe Price, Fidelity, etc. etc.).

My experience with TSA accounts finds (a) no front end load, and (b) expense ratios as low as 1.25%. With unlimited transfers between investment subaccounts & NO MINIMUMS, I believe some TSA plans can work very well!

Regards, PP

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.