Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi TaxGurus,
This is my first question to Tax Statergies Board. So, let me explain the situation:
In 1999, I establised a Rollover IRA with a discount broker. I rollover all the amounts without taking any distributions. So, when I was filing my returns (for 1999 in Y2K), I received 1099-R from my previous employer's 401K administrator. In year 2000 also, I didnot take any distribution. I accrued some interest in my Rollover a/c. But my broker didnot send me an 1099-INT or any other 1099 form.
1. Since I didnot take any distribution, will I get a 1099 form?
2. What about the interest accrued?. How to report that amount?. Will the broker send a 1099-INT ?.
I called up my broker. He replied that, I will not receive any 1099 form as there was no DISTRIBUTION in the year 2000. But basing on my YEar-end statement, I should figure out Interest and report that.
Is this true?.
Please let me know.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.