Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I bought an acre of land 6 years ago. It is completely paid for. When I bought the land it didn't have a road, water hook up etc. Last year they started putting in the road etc. and I started receiving my tax bill which included the charges for the improvements. On the bill they are charging me the taxes I owe (which I know I can claim) the principal and the interest. I would like to know if I can claim the interest part of the bill on my taxes? I will be paying for the improvements for the next few years. I have asked numerous people and no one seems to be able to give me a definitive answer. Thank you so much for your time...

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.