UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740086  
Subject: Interesting Factoid-Bye-Bye Europe Date: 3/23/2013 10:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We are nearly gone from Europe.

Now the article refers to those remaining as hostages. But let's face we still need a few air & naval bases in Europe that need to be staff. We ain't ever gonna leave complately as we cain't count on the capability of European forces. [Example: Libya where NATO couldn't handle air requirement & had to call on US assets]

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htworld/articles/20130323.a...

American military forces in Europe continue to shrink and will, over the next few years, shrink to 30,000 troops. That’s a tenth of what it was when the Cold War ended between 1989 (when most communist governments in East Europe collapsed) and 1991 (when the Soviet Union dissolved). But the American troops won’t completely disappear and most Europeans want it that way. The American troops are hostages, to help keep the peace in a part of the world that has brought us some of the most destructive wars in history.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675644 of 740086
Subject: Re: Interesting Factoid-Bye-Bye Europe Date: 3/23/2013 7:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"American military forces in Europe continue to shrink and will, over the next few years, shrink to 30,000 troops."

How many kids with joysticks controlling drones loaded with laser guided missles do we need? That is the question.

Now we know what all those video games were for. They were training our future military. Probably a secret government conspiracy to train future soldiers.

Art

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675645 of 740086
Subject: Re: Interesting Factoid-Bye-Bye Europe Date: 3/23/2013 8:10 PM
Recommendations: 2
American military forces in Europe continue to shrink and will, over the next few years, shrink to 30,000 troops. That’s a tenth of what it was when the Cold War ended between 1989 (when most communist governments in East Europe collapsed) and 1991 (when the Soviet Union dissolved). But the American troops won’t completely disappear and most Europeans want it that way. The American troops are hostages, to help keep the peace in a part of the world that has brought us some of the most destructive wars in history.
------------------------------------------------------
Muslims are going to reach critical mass in europe over the next 2 or 3 decades due to stupid immigration policies. What good are troops going to do there anyway? In my mind they already lost. I could never have imagined some group giving up their freedom and liberty with such vigor, but i see it here all the time.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675647 of 740086
Subject: Re: Interesting Factoid-Bye-Bye Europe Date: 3/23/2013 8:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Now we know what all those video games were for. They were training our future military. Probably a secret government conspiracy to train future soldiers.

Art "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The government ain't that clever and certainly not able to look into
the future that well.

Now - if you thought that Pong was invented to improve the dexterity
of drunks to drive autos - that might be more like a government
program.

Howie52

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement