UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LonghornBoy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49469  
Subject: Interesting phone screen situation Date: 9/12/2012 10:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm looking at a management position with a local company. They've been around for a long time and are relatively small, but are really stable and have strong financials. As a result, people tend to stick around for a long time.

I received a quick follow-up and phone screen in response to my resume; and seemed to do well with the first phone screen.

I'm due to have a second phone screen tomorrow; and it's with a manager who would report to me if I were to take the position.

Here's the issue: The screen was originally scheduled for today, but I never received a call from her. I followed up with the recruiter, who indicated that the interviewer called twice and left a voice mail message.

I double-checked the phone number I gave them and also checked the call logs for my cell phone. If she called, then she dialed the wrong number, as I received other calls today without issue.

In thinking through this interaction, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps this person has a bias against me or any of the other candidates she has to interview, as this position would be a promotion for her...that is, if they were to promote from within.

Any thoughts on how I should handle the call tomorrow? On one hand, I could ignore what happened today and suggest that it's a non-issue from my perspective if she brings it up. I could also do a bit of probing to better understand her motivations, which might be useful anyway if I were to end up at the company.

What do y'all think?

-LB
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement