UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: eugene4059 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 211  
Subject: Re: VLO Date: 9/21/2006 1:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
interesting term sentiment not sure I know what u mean...

Sentiment is a judgment, attitude or thought based upon ones feelings. In this case its VLO. At this time the markets feeling is definitely negative towards this stock. Looking at the weekly chart it appears this attitude (sentiment) surfaced towards the end of July. If I wanted to trace it back further it looks like a change was coming towards the end of April. Thats not saying there weren't some good trading opportunities between May and the end of July but the attitude towards VLO was definitely shifting towards a negative bias.

At this moment I don't subscibe to a charting service so I use the free charts at StockCharts.com. If you're interested I can tell you how to to set up the charts to better illustrate what I mean.

Where do u see support on the weekly chart???

Small area of support around 45-46 then the next level is around 40, which acted as support around June through August of 2005.

you mean a Tweezer Bottom???

I am not familiar with that term. Please explain.

Rich
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement