Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: folley Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39314  
Subject: International Index Stocks/Funds Date: 1/17/1999 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know of a stock or (gasp) mutual fund that buys a broad base of European stocks, preferably denominated on the euro currency. I'm looking for something like the S&P 500 SPY stock or the Vanguard Index Trust 500 for the European market. Also would be interested in Asia/Pacific ex Japan index stock plays
Print the post Back To Top
Author: EdMcDowell Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 569 of 39314
Subject: Re: International Index Stocks/Funds Date: 1/18/1999 2:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Does anyone know of a stock or (gasp) mutual fund that buys a broad base of European stocks, preferably denominated on the euro currency. I'm looking for something like the S&P 500 SPY stock or the Vanguard Index Trust 500 for the European market. Also would be interested in Asia/Pacific ex Japan index stock plays

Vanguard (www.vanguard.com) has the widest variety of index funds, inlcuding the foreign index funds you refer to.

Author: rickisme Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 573 of 39314
Subject: Re: International Index Stocks/Funds Date: 1/18/1999 9:18 PM
Also would be interested in Asia/Pacific ex Japan index stock plays

See www.amex.com

There should be some web adr's there that trade baskets of stocks within different countries. Works kinda like SPY, DIA, and MDY.

Rick

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement