UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3276  
Subject: Intrusions by Ursula Hegi Date: 6/12/2002 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been reading "Intrusions" by Ursula Hegi. I was going to wait until I finished it before commenting, but all this talk about writing your own novel has made me decide to post this now. Also if I am quick I may get post 1,000 but that is a lame reason.

Intrusions is a very interesting book. In the book the author's life intrudes into the story and vice versa. It is almost more of a study on writing a novel than a novel itself. In the middle of a scene, the action is interrupted by the author's son or husband. The characters talk back to the author and question her judgement. It is a fun read. If you are a writer yourself, I think you will enjoy it.

Here's a link to Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684844818/qid=1023888651/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-4163118-7592931
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Thuvia Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1001 of 3276
Subject: Re: Intrusions by Ursula Hegi Date: 6/12/2002 9:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It sounds interesting. The premise reminds me of "Book: A Novel" by Robert Grudin. In his book, the footnotes revolted.

Thuvia

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement