UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58836  
Subject: Invasion of the stupids Date: 2/19/2013 10:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
[Kansas] House Bill 2306, introduced last week, says science classes must “provide information to students of scientific evidence which both supports and counters a scientific theory or hypothesis.”

The bill says instruction about “scientific controversies” should be objective and include “both the strengths and weaknesses of such scientific theory or hypothesis.” The only controversy identified in the bill is “climate science.”

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-02-18/bill-asks-teachers-quest...

Doncha love the way they conflate theories and hypotheses as if they're of equal importance?

Sometimes disco is the only answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEU_5lVjRFQ
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47961 of 58836
Subject: Re: Invasion of the stupids Date: 2/19/2013 11:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"[Kansas] House Bill 2306, introduced last week, says science classes must “provide information to students of scientific evidence which both supports and counters a scientific theory or hypothesis.”"

I sure they don't mind when we demand equal opportunity to counter the Global Warming Hoaxes.......

heh heh.....

but I'll bet they won't bring in any science books that have counter arguments to the Al Gore theories of global warming....

t.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47965 of 58836
Subject: Re: Invasion of the stupids Date: 2/19/2013 3:20 PM
Recommendations: 5
<<The bill says instruction about “scientific controversies” should be objective and include “both the strengths and weaknesses of such scientific theory or hypothesis.” The only controversy identified in the bill is “climate science.”

>>

It's hardly surprising that when scientists make claims that have political implications that they will receive political scrutiny.

Examine the cases where science has made claims relating race and IQ, if you want to see liberals objecting to such claims.

As a matter of fact, the whole area of race and IQ is pretty much a scientific taboo because of political objections to reserach on a controversial subject.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47989 of 58836
Subject: Re: Invasion of the stupids Date: 2/20/2013 11:14 PM
Recommendations: 0
The Bible thumpers will harp on the phrase "scientific evidence" as being discriminatory.

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48058 of 58836
Subject: Re: Invasion of the stupids Date: 2/24/2013 1:05 PM
Recommendations: 5

As a matter of fact, the whole area of race and IQ is pretty much a scientific taboo because of political objections to reserach on a controversial subject.

SP, here's your Sunday science lesson:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/opinion/09nisbett.html

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement