Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In early 2005 I withdrew from an investment club partnership. I have my 2005 K-1 form which includes my share of capital gains and dividends for 2005 plus my gross withdrawal distribution on line 19.
The club invested in cash and stocks only. My withdrawal distribution was in cash for about $10,000 of which about $3000 was gain over the years in the club.

I understand that I report the distribution gain on Capital Gains Form D but I'm not sure where to report it on the form or what figures to report-Gross, Gain only or both. The club did not issue a form 1099, but does provide a Withdrawal Distribution Report which shows the gross distribution, basis and gain. Should this be submitted with Form D or do I just have it available if needed later. Are any other forms required?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.