Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fehorse4 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 892  
Subject: invest in Boehringer-Ingelheim ? Date: 9/21/2010 6:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
With the FDA approval of the new anticoagulant drug Pradaxa, I was interested in researching investment in Boehringer- Ingelheim. Since they are a private company, not publicly traded, but with an annual report to investors, is it possible to invest? How does one do this? I do have an 800# to the company which I will call tomorrow.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFHelical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 880 of 892
Subject: Re: invest in Boehringer-Ingelheim ? Date: 9/21/2010 7:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Fehorse4,

A number of private companies do prepare and make available annual reports and such. But they are not open to outside investment by individuals.

TMFHelical
Home coverage fool

Author: Smufty2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 881 of 892
Subject: Re: invest in Boehringer-Ingelheim ? Date: 9/22/2010 7:17 PM
You might investigate who the major investors are. Some of them may be publicly traded. (Admittedly a rather weak, indirect way to get a slice of the pie)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement