UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: charled One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10395  
Subject: Invest performance w/o cash Date: 12/29/2004 11:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My investment accounts include about 1/3 cash, distributed among various accounts and mixed among other securities within the accounts.
This cash is not being 'put to work' at this time. However, my whole portfolio, including the cash, has kept up with the S&P500. The question I have is:

Is there a way to have Quicken calculate the IRR from a portfolio, while excluding the cash portion of the portfolio?

I think that if I were able to exclude cash, I could get a feel for how well the INVESTED portion of the portfolio is doing compared to the whole portfolio.

Thanks all!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5626 of 10395
Subject: Re: Invest performance w/o cash Date: 12/29/2004 4:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
My investment accounts include about 1/3 cash, distributed among various accounts and mixed among other securities within the accounts.
This cash is not being 'put to work' at this time. However, my whole portfolio, including the cash, has kept up with the S&P500. The question I have is:

When you are looking at the report, look for a "Configure" button. You should find that you can include/exclude accounts, "investment goals", and individual investments. Exclude whatever you're doing with the cash.

Author: charled One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5630 of 10395
Subject: Re: Invest performance w/o cash Date: 12/29/2004 8:06 PM
warrl:

Thanks, I was aware of the "Customize" feature, and there is no "Cash" security type to exclude. However, your reply has given me the idea that I can "Invest" the cash into a "Cash" security, so that I can then exclude that "security". Thanks!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement