Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Paula Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121572  
Subject: Investclub cap gain? Date: 3/7/1998 7:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Greetings fools

Q1) I have a small amount of $15 as the capital gain
Should we include this schedule D or is there any place for this? Beisdes what will I write in the
colums for date of purchese and date of sale?
Is this long term or short term? (likely it could be both)

Q2 I have paid some money as legal fees to process
my work visa ( I am from another country). Some where I read that it is deductable as it is a fees FOR employment. Where do I do this ? Besides Schedule AB
says personal legal expenses are NOT deductable!Help me in this

Thanks

Paul

Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2515 of 121572
Subject: Re: Investclub cap gain? Date: 3/9/1998 10:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
[[Q1) I have a small amount of $15 as the capital gain
Should we include this schedule D or is there any place for this? Beisdes what will I write in the
colums for date of purchese and date of sale?
Is this long term or short term? (likely it could be both)]]

I can only assume that you received your capital gain in the form of a Partnership K-1 form. And you should have also received instructions for that K-1 form which should tell you how to report this gain.

[[ Q2 I have paid some money as legal fees to process
my work visa ( I am from another country). Some where I read that it is deductable as it is a fees
FOR employment. Where do I do this ? Besides Schedule AB
says personal legal expenses are NOT deductable!Help me in this]]

You would report your business expenses on Schedule A as a miscellaneous itemized deduction.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement