Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: markdavi Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14  
Subject: Invested Date: 1/25/2000 11:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
two months ira contrubitions into ocas. Won't kill me if it folds, gotta love 9% dividend.....Wish I had more cash.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HenryPearsonchip Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 14
Subject: Re: Invested Date: 11/18/2000 12:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is what I love about Motley Fool. How many members of other sites would have bothered to hack their way through a balance sheet that makes this stock look like a dog, only to discover the sweet, solid center of OCAS, which along with Phillips Electric (PHG), may turn out to be two great long plays, faithfully producing dividends that will keep us from sleeping on the grates in our older years.

OCAS, like all insurers, are unusually cash heavy with investment money, except in OCAS's case they put a gentleman in charge of investments who might have been happier playing the ponies. That is no longer the case.

I think the company is shedding its skin (awful metaphor, I know) and will prosper long term. Dividends appear to be a point of honor with management, since capital reinvestment is not a major concern.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement