UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rbewing Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75796  
Subject: INVESTING50k AT 85 YEARS OLD Date: 10/4/1999 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My Uncle has a $50,000 cd maturing at the end of the year. He is looking
for a secure investment that will provide him with a resonable rate of
return. HE IS RETIRED AND IS 85 YEARS OLD. Any suggestions?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14213 of 75796
Subject: Re: INVESTING50k AT 85 YEARS OLD Date: 10/4/1999 3:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Rbewing, and welcome. You asked:

<<My Uncle has a $50,000 cd maturing at the end of the year. He is looking
for a secure investment that will provide him with a resonable rate of
return. HE IS RETIRED AND IS 85 YEARS OLD. Any suggestions?>>

"Secure" and "reasonable rate of return" are terms with different meanings to different folks. Evidently, your uncle is relying on that money as a potential source of income and is unwilling to take undue, short-term risks with it. If so, then he should stick with the relative safety of CDs, money market funds, T-Bills or short-term bond funds. They will all pay a going rate of interest and tend to be far less volatile than other vehicles such as stocks and long-term bonds.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement